Website CLC Utilities
Vehicle & Plant Admin Assistant
Full Time: Mon-Fri 0800-1700 (8hr shift between these hours)
Occasional Weekend Cover 0800-1700
28 days holiday (inclusive of 8 x bank holidays)
Reporting to the Vehicle & Plant Manager, supporting them with with day-to-day administrative duties. The successful candidate will also be confident in liaising with operatives, supervisors, and other members of the workforce to assist with the smooth coordination for vehicle maintenance. Ensuring all daily duties and procedures set out by all Management are completed.
Current daily duties for this department include and are non-exhaustive to the following.
• Provide administrative support to the Vehicle & Plant manager.
• Assisting in hiring, tracking, verifying, and maintaining commercial information.
• Liaise extensively with operational personnel and approved suppliers.
• Assisting with the ‘on’ / ‘off hire’ of plant and fleet assets for all hired plant and vehicles.
• Helping to ensure weekly plant returns are completed accurately and on time.
• General data entry & administration duties for the plant department.
• Logging ‘write off’ / ‘break down’ data and general plant.
• Basic diary management for vehicle & plant inspections and maintenance.
Skills/Knowledge/Attitude/Training/Experience (inc Qualifications):
• Previous experience in dealing with vehicles and plant equipment not essential but would be advantageous.
• Must be able to deal with in a calm professional manner at all levels of staff and operatives.
• IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
• Good administration & communications skills, and an analytical approach to tasks.
• Consistent attention to detail & accuracy.
• Able to work under pressure in a fast-moving fluid environment.
• Excellent team player whilst also holding the ability to work independently on own initiative.