Street Works Planner / Coordinator
Reporting to the Street Works & WMC Manager, duties including the receipt and delivery of all noticing tasks in-line with the contract performance, liaising with the operational team supporting the Planners & Site Agents with the coordination of Reinstatement works and supporting the operational team with day-to-day administrative duties. Using Street Works Compliance to recognise which jobs require focus to reduce operational fines. Ensuring all daily duties and procedures set out by all Management are completed.
Current daily duties for this department include and are non-exhaustive to the following.
- Ensuring the closure of permits within correct time frame (current 2hr window).
- Accurate registrations of all jobs within timely manner.
- Reporting & monitoring of defect inspections twice a day.
- Permit extensions requested as and when required.
- Ensuring all SLAs are met in line with delivery and performance targets.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety and environmental policies.
- Liability reporting and actioning.
- Jobs Closed / Costing report run and actioned twice daily.
- Ensuring outstanding works are recorded and monitored.
- Ensuring all defects are logged, monitored, and published weekly to all relevant persons.
- Interim to perms also logged, monitored, and published weekly to all relevant persons.
- Permits for defects/interim to perm works requested once all relevant detail received.
- Manual entry of works (defects/Interim to perms) to ensure successful execution.
- Creation and distribution of defect/interim-perm work orders ‘job packs’ to further assist.
- Distribution of ‘Closures Due Report’ ensuring the prioritisation of works for the current day.
- Re-distribution of above to include current day and following day to assist the planning dept.
- Ensuring the department mailbox is monitored throughout the day.
- Ensuring emails responded to and actioned within a timely manner.
- These duties are non-exhaustive.
Note some assistance for the WMC dept may be required from time to time.
Skills/Knowledge/Attitude/Training/Experience (inc Qualifications):
- NRSWA noticing experience / knowledge preferable.
- Experience working within the Utilities industry.
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
- Good administration & communications skills, and an analytical approach to tasks.
- Consistent attention to detail & accuracy.
- Awareness of Customer Satisfaction for both internal and external sources.
- Accepts change within working environment.
- Self-motivated, able to motivate others effectively and work as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience using Maximo / Symology / Street Manager would be advantageous.
Full Time: Mon-Fri 0730-1730 (9hr shift between these hours)
Occasional Weekend Cover 0800-1700
Holidays : 28 days holiday (inclusive of 8 x bank holidays)